Medicine Shoppe
(306) 668-2256
Monday to Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm


What do I need to bring with me to fill a prescription at the pharmacy?

If this is your first time filling a prescription at our pharmacy, we will need your name, address, phone number, and birth date. If you have a Saskatchewan Health card, we will also need this number. If you are a student and covered under the Student Health Plan, we will also need your student ID number. If you have any other coverage through work or your parents, we will need this information as well.

Can I transfer my prescription from another pharmacy?

Yes! Simply visit us at the pharmacy or phone us. If this is the first time you are filling a prescription at our pharmacy, we will ask you your address, phone number and birth date, and information for any prescription coverage. We will need to know the name of the medication you want filled, as well as the name of the pharmacy where you last had the prescription filled, so we can contact the pharmacy.

Can I refill my prescription online?

Yes! Click on the REFILL PRESCRIPTION ONLINE button on our home page or click on the REFILL RX tab. You will need to enter your name and prescription number. The prescription number is located on the top left hand side of your prescription label.

I have coverage through my parent’s drug plan. Can this be used at the pharmacy?

Yes! We can electronically bill to all major online insurance carriers. Just bring us the policy billing information, and we will add it to your file.

Who can have prescriptions filled at the pharmacy?

Everyone can have prescriptions filled at our pharmacy. Although we primarily serve students, faculty, staff and their families, we are pleased to fill everyone’s prescriptions.

What if I'm out of refills and I need my medication?

We try to encourage patients to keep track of their refills, so you can arrange to visit your doctor before running out of medication. However, if you are in need of a refill of your medication before you have an appointment to see your doctor, come and talk to our pharmacists, and we may be able to fill an interim supply of your medication.

What if I go home/away during the summer, and I need to refill my medication?

We have a FREE medication summer mail-out service. We can mail your prescription anywhere across Canada during the summer months or at other times that you are away from campus. If you would rather have your prescription filled at your local pharmacy during the summer, just let them know that you usually have your prescriptions filled at our pharmacy, and they will contact us for your prescription information.

Can pharmacists now prescribe prescription medications for minor health concerns?

Yes. In Saskatchewan, many pharmacists are now able to prescribe medication for many minor health conditions including mild acne, mild eczema, insect bites, migraines, athlete’s foot, heartburn, cold sores, allergic rhinitis and canker sores. By asking your pharmacist first about minor health conditions, you may be freeing up your physician to focus on managing more complicated health concerns. All of our pharmacists have special training to perform this service.

The pharmacist will ask you questions about your symptoms and condition, and if appropriate, the pharmacist may write a prescription for a medication. These prescriptions are recognized as valid prescriptions by Saskatchewan Health, the Student Health Plan and other major third party insurance companies. After writing and prescription, the pharmacist may need to follow up with you at a later date to ensure your symptoms have improved or resolved. The pharmacist will also update your family doctor. No appointments are necessary.

Is my health information kept confidential?

Yes! All personal health information is kept secure and confidential. If you would like to discuss a sensitive health concern with one of our pharmacists in private, please request to speak with us in our private counseling room, located in the pharmacy.

What should I do if I have a health/medication concern and the pharmacy is closed?

If you are having a health emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit your closest hospital emergency department. If you are in Saskatoon, the Royal University Hospital and St.Paul’s Hospital are open 24 hours per day. City Hospital is open 9am-8:30pm. If you are unsure if you need to see a doctor, you can call Saskatchewan Health Line at 811 for medical advice. If you need to see a doctor, you can also visit a minor-emergency clinic such as the Mediclinic at 3333 8th Street which is open until 10pm on weekdays, and 9am to 9pm weekends and holidays.

Where should I search for health information on the Internet?

The Stay Healthy page on the usask website is a great place to start. The page has information on topics such as sexual health, mental health, alcohol and substance abuse, and other common health concerns. Just remember when searching the internet for health information, to choose credible sites such as government or university affiliated sites that are based on evidence based research. Look at the source of information and be leery of sites that are selling a product or service. We recommend first asking the advice of your doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional before following the health advice of any of internet sources.